Terms and Conditions
(Updated Aug 21, 2022)
We use a few terms throughout this document. These terms will be defined as:
- Record label, Gooborg Records: Gooborg Studios, LLC
- producer: an individual creating music
- artist: an individual creating visual artwork, particularly album covers
- release: a single track or an album containing music created by the producer(s)
- royalties, profits: currency earned through the monetization of a release on music streaming services
As Gooborg Records, we offer the distribution to various stores across the globe, as well as custom album artwork to your specifications, promotional teasers and visualizers, and promotion at venues across the United States. As the producer, you keep 80% of all songwriter and publisher profits (most record labels take 50% or take all publisher profits).
We offer publishing to 150+ stores and services, including (but not limited to) the following:
- iTunes / Apple Music
- YouTube Music
- Meta (Facebook + Instagram)
- LINE Music
- MediaNet Digital
- NetEase Cloud Music
- Tencent Music Entertainment
- Nuuday A/S
- United Media Agency (UMA)
- Yandex Music
By signing your album with Gooborg Records, you are signing a contract between yourself (the producer(s)) and the record label (Gooborg Studios, LLC) and are agreeing to all of the following conditions:
- You are granting Gooborg Records the sole and exclusive right to administer, control, use, and distribute the musical work as desired by Gooborg Records.
All of the samples used in the song must be licensed to you and/or Gooborg Records as required by U.S. Copyright Law, with proof of purchase or licensing terms. Failure to provide proof will result in exclusion from the label.
- Furthermore, due to copyright, you may not use samples of memes in any of your tracks.
- You must provide written permission from the original producer or record label to publish remixes. Failure to provide proof will result in exclusion from the label.
- Additionally, if copyrighted, unlicensed material is detected in any of your content that has already been released on the album, all of your releases will be immediately taken down and your pending royalties will be voided.
- We accept most EDM genres, such as Dubstep, Riddim, Trap, Drum and Bass, Future Bass, Ambient, Melodic Dubstep, and more. We may accept other genres of music. (No, we do not accept Nightcore.)
- Gooborg Studios is a diverse, multi-cultural, international team. As a result, we do not accept religious music, or music containing racial slurs or other derogatory language. Any such music will result in immediate exclusion from the label.
- You do not need to provide your own album artwork for your submissions, but if you would like to create your own album artwork, ensure that it follows the following terms. If you do not have artwork, or cannot provide artwork that meets the terms, we offer album cover creation services.
- Album artwork must be at least 3000 x 3000 in PNG format without transparency, be of professional and retail-ready quality, and must not contain any links, contact information, nudity, or unauthorized copyrighted content. These are the terms required by all stores.
- Album artwork must not contain artwork that you do not have the permission to use. You must create the album artwork yourself, or have written permission from the artist to use the artwork for an album cover.
- Album artwork must contain the Gooborg Records logo in a visible manner. The logo may not be altered in any manner, however it may be embedded as a part of the artwork. Any album artwork submitted without the label's logo will be altered to include the logo.
- Upon acception, and completion of all aspects of the release, stores usually take a week to process the album. We require that you set a release date 60 days in advance for stores and ourselves to process the release. Alternatively, you can specify no release date to have the song published as soon as possible.
- Please note that while it is highly unlikely, we reserve the right to reject tracks that we feel are not of adequate quality or violate our terms. We will let you know the exact reason for rejection, and are more than happy to accept resubmissions once issues are resolved.
- Furthermore, while also highly unlikely, we reserve the right to remove submissions from stores after publication for any reason, especially if we feel they are not of adequate quality or violate our terms.
- Gooborg Records is a service. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- This agreement shall be effective as of the date of submission (that is, the date in which the 'Submit' button has been clicked on the web platform), and shall last indefinitely.
- By signing your release with Gooborg Records, you agree to all of the terms on this page, as well as any future updates as needed.
We request at least 20% of profits for our basic services (most record labels require 50%), however we offer additional services for either an up-front payment or additional percentage of earned profits. Our basic services are included within the initial 20%, and our services are as follows:
- Basic Services
- Publishing to iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, Shazam, etc.
- Copyright protection
- Additional Services
- Custom album artwork by one of our trusted artists - 20% profits or up-front payment (cover artist chooses price)
- A customized visualizer to match the song/album - 10% profits or $20.00 USD up-front
- Mastering by our experts - 10% profits or $20.00 USD up-front
- Usage of samples purchased by Gooborg Records - 5% profits or price of sample pack(s) up-front
- Anything else - case-by-case basis
Our distribution takes roughly two to three months to process profits. Once your releases have reached at least $10.00 USD and we have received the profits for the track, we will process them and distribute them to the payment information you've attached to your profile. A valid payment method must be added to your profile before you may receive funds.
Note: due to Russia's attack on Ukraine, payouts to producers in Russia will be suspended indefinitely. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Album cover artists, visualizer producers, and mastering technicians will be paid up-front by either the studio or the producer(s), depending on the selection of percentage-based profits.
If you decide to leave Gooborg Records at any point, you will no longer receive profits for your releases.